Friday, January 23, 2015

Journal d'artiste "Strong" Art Journaling


Bon vendredi à tous!

Voici une page que j'ai créée dans le petit journal Dylusions avec des tampons et un pochoir de Dina Wakley, les peintures Precious Metal Colors de VivaDecor, les bâtons Gelato de Faber-Castell et du gesso. Je me suis vraiment fait plaisir avec cette page! Je vous invite à regarder la vidéo-clip plus bas pour voir du début à la fin!

Here's a double-page spread I made in the small Dylusions journal using Dina Wakley's stamps and a stencil, Viva Decor's Precious Metal Colors (yum!), Gelato sticks by Faber-Castell and some gesso! To say that I had fun is way beyond words. If you want to know how I did that, you can watch the video.

Happy crafty weekend!
CeeCee







4 comments:

  1. Hi Cee Cee, Lovely work as always !! I just love all the ideas u come up with. I have one question -- could u tell me how different the Dylusions journal is when compared to Strathmore or other journals.Thanks in advance,
    Poornima.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poornima, the Dylusions has 2 different types of paper - a rougher one and a smoother one (ideal for drawing also). Both types of paper are excellent for mixed media. The Dylusions is bound like a regular book (stitched).
    The Strathmore Visual Journals are wire bound and has a meidum-weight paper that is also great for mixed-media.
    Both are equally good, in my opinion. The difference is the price point, the Strathmore being a little less expensive but you have to deal with the wire.
    It's really a question of preference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a second attempt to post a comment. Google doesn't like me! On the post that I tried to post I said that your painting was beautiful. I liked the colors that you used and loved the face that you painted with gelatos. The way that you use different mediums is very educational to me because i'm still learning how to use mediums and how they react to with each other. I like how you roll with whatever happens on the art piece. Does the application of gelatos react with whatever wet mediums you use on the flip side of the page?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a second attempt to post a comment. Google doesn't like me! On the post that I tried to post I said that your painting was beautiful. I liked the colors that you used and loved the face that you painted with gelatos. The way that you use different mediums is very educational to me because i'm still learning how to use mediums and how they react to with each other. I like how you roll with whatever happens on the art piece. Does the application of gelatos react with whatever wet mediums you use on the flip side of the page?

    ReplyDelete