Some brands currently in stock: Tattered Angels, Studio Calico, Dylusions by Ranger, Perfect Pearls mists by Ranger, Adirondack Colorwash, Radiant Rains by Luminarte, and Maya Mists. If you've seen a colour or brand in all the CHA sneak peeks that really makes your heart go pitter-patter, be sure to let Natalie know at the store!
JJ has a weakness for mists and subscribes to the theory that if a little bit's good, a whole lot's better:
Using different colours of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists, and several stencils from Prima and The Crafter's Workshop, she created a background with a lot of depth:
Even though Claude is a 'clean & simple' scrapbooker, she couldn't resist the vibrant colours in the Dylusions line.
"Summer of T-Ball" - Claude Campeau
Claude flicked a few drops of the mist on her page for some 'pops' of summery colour.
Dylusions mists (Squeezed Orange & London Blue)
Echo Park papers (A Boy's Life)
Mists don't have to be reserved for just your backgrounds though. Have the perfect embellishment, but it's not the perfect colour? Customize it with mists, like Erin did with the lace on this scrapbook page:
Mists - Dylusions
paper - American Crafts (Amy Tangerine)
stamps - Lawn Fawn
Oh - and before I go, if you're not sure which mists are for you, here are a couple of tips to ponder:
- Maya Mist - specifically designed for fast colour on chipboard (with and without shimmer)
- Studio Calico "Mr Huey" - translucent colours, no shimmer (try the White - very cool on dark paper)
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - translucent colour with some shimmer
- Tattered Angels Chalkboard - semi-opaque colour with some shimmer
- Radiant Rains - heavily pigmented with intense shimmer
- Perfect Pearls mists - no real pigment, but lots of shimmer
- Adirondack Colorwash - intensely pigmented, permanent, designed for dying fabric, no shimmer
- Dylusions - vibrantly pigmented, water-reactive even after it's dry (not permanent), no shimmer